Cargo insurance is an important decision when you are shipping or transporting goods. Importers and exporters are exposed to financial impact if the shipment is lost or damaged during transportation. Cargo may be damaged by an accident or a natural disaster at any of the points from origin to destination.
The Mail Box Parcel and Shipping LLC offers cargo insurance underwritten directly by a reputable insurance company.
Securing the coverage is easy and in the unfortunate event of a loss, the claim process is fast and reliable.
Protect Your Cargo
- Coverage commences from the time the goods leave the shipper and/or supplier’s place of business and continues in force during the ordinary and customary course of transit to the final destination.
- Concealed damage must be reported within three 24 Hours of delivery.
- There is no deductible.
There are guidelines, conditions, exclusions, and exceptions. For a listing of these items, please see below. You may contact Seven Seas Insurance directly at 914-665-2119 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com
The following articles will NOT be accepted for insurance coverage:
▪ Glass, Tile, Granite, Marble, Ceramic and fragile items when shipment is carried by rail at any point
▪ Boats in bad condition and/or over 10 years of age
▪ Vehicles in bad condition and/or over 15 years of age
▪ Full container loads of used tires
▪ Live animals
▪ Furs / Animal hides
▪ Contraband or property in the course of illegal transportation or trade
▪ Recorded or electronic data and media drawings documents, evidences of debt, letters of credit, tickets, passports, manuscripts, mechanical
▪ Accounts, bills, deeds, notes, securities, stock certificates, trading stamps, valuable papers or
▪ Money and currency in any form (including phone cards and gift cards)
▪ Precious metals and bullion (Gold, platinum, silver, and other precious metals or articles)
▪ Precious stones, diamonds
▪ Fine jewelry, fine watches
▪ Fine artwork – paintings, drawings, statues, rare books and other works of art
▪ Antiques T
Please note that proper packaging is a condition of cargo insurance.
To ensure no delays in the processing of your claim, please provide relevant information to support your loss. Prompt notification for concealed damages is also essential. Remember that concealed damage must be reported within three 24 hours of delivery.